Twelve months, Twelve resolutions

1.10.2011

January 8, 2011

J:

G and I played with my Korg M1LE modeling synthesizer for about a half hour, and I was able to show her how, in the words of my old Jazz instructor, "there are no wrong notes...but some notes are better than others."


R:

What a great Saturday! I was able to start staining our coffee table. It's an old This End Up end table, that we have been using for various purposes over the years (shoe depository, Christmas tree stand, actual side table). It's such a solid piece that I am loathe to give it up, but it really isn't my style. So I decided to stain it and see if it would blend more with what we have got going on...

And it is turning out beautifully. I always love working with wood (stripping it, staining it, oiling it)--it is so rewarding to see the grain come alive again after years of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment